4.29.2010

The Wayback Machine

Today I'm feeling a little retro, vintage, what have you... Was reading about an online generator someone created to make websites look like they were from the late 90's. So, I of course had to look back at what MY website was like WAAAAYYYY back then. Here's a peek.

What I stumbled upon was a 'Personal Mission Statement' written in 1999, more than a decade ago.

Now I have to ponder about what to add to this list...

Enjoy.

My personal mission statement

Lately I've found myself really pondering what my goals are. It is so easy for me to get lost along the way so I am making this to keep myself on track. Hopefully I will look back to this to remember what my dreams were, and what goals I want to meet. Who knows, maybe I will get to check all these off of my to do list before I check outta this thing we call life... Some of these are silly whimsical dreams, others of extreme importance, in no certain order. I will keep adding to this as long as I live, and plan to check back in the midst of frustrations or new accomplishments. I began this list on Sunday, October 31, 1999.

Jen

Adopt a child

Take the time out to appreciate the sunset or walk along the beach, far away from everything

Take courses at Skip Barber Driving School where I can safely drive like a speed demon ;o)

Develop friendships that are reciprocal in regard to trust and dedication, and have them last for a lifetime

Own a house with a lot of trees in the backyard so the kids can play

Admit when I am wrong

Teach and impact the lives of children, and help them reach their greatest potential

Be a good wife and mother (See Proverbs 31:10-31 *he he* A lot goes under this category, I know! I'll add details when that comes around)

Never let petty things cloud my eyes from seeing the big picture

Keep focused on God and not worry about what the next year, day, or even hour may hold.



What goals do you have, or had you set for yourself in the past? How have you achieved them? What would you change?

0 comments:

Post a Comment