7.24.2010

Winds of Life

My Canoe @ Urban Ecology Center
Nature consistently provides me with some kind of life or biblical application. Today on my canoe, enjoying the sound of nothing but birds chirping and bugs buzzing about, I stopped rowing and laid back to take it all in. For a few moments I closed my eyes, and after opening them only moments later, I realized the wind was pushing the boat towards a patch of reeds I was about to get stuck in.

Life is like that. If we let winds of negative influences, improper motives, temptation & stress impact us more than our God-given direction and obedience, we end up where we don't want to be, or shouldn't be, sometimes completely turned around – stuck, even.

When we let the wind blow us away it's that much more work to get back to where we wanted to be. Difficulty increases because we then have to return against the current. Stay focused and don't let the winds of life take control of your direction.

In The Word

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. - Ephesians 4:14 (NIV)

But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. - James 1:6-8 (NIV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment